Chris Warren was born in Red Deer, and raised on a farm in the Delburne area. He obtained his early and high school education in Delburne. From 1973 to 1975, he attended Red Deer College. Chris obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree with Distinction from the University of Alberta in 1976, majoring in history and political science. In 1979, he obtained his Bachelor of Law degree from the University of Alberta.
Chris articled in Edmonton, then moved to Red Deer in 1980. In 1982 he was one of the three founding partners in the present firm. He practices in the areas of Estate Planning, Corporate and Commercial Law, and Real Estate, serving primarily agricultural, oilfield service and small business clients. He was appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1998.
Chris is involved in the community as a Trustee of the Ed Stelmach Community Foundation, member of the Red Deer Rotary Club and member and adviser to the Red Deer Regional Health Foundation.
In the past he has served as:
• Director of High Arctic Energy Services Inc. which is listed on the TSX and Chair of Governance (2005 to 2016)
• Public Member of the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (2005 to 2015)
• President of the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta in 1998 and again from 2002 to 2004
• Member of the 2001 and 2004 Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta Election Committee
• Chairman of the Grandview School Parent Council
• Chairman of the Red Deer Public Library Board
• Vice-Chairman of the Red Deer Regional Hospital Foundation
In his spare time Chris plays golf, travels, and spends time with his wife, Sandra, and their children Mitchell and Natalie.
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta, 1979
• Bachelor of Arts with Distinction (History and Political Science), University of Alberta, 1976
• Queen’s Counsel
• Law Society of Alberta
• Central Alberta Bar Society