After articling at the Alberta Court of Appeal and Court of Queen’s Bench, Donna joined the civil litigation department at a major Calgary law firm where her practice involved representing oil and gas companies, financial institutions, insurance companies and individuals in various civil disputes. She then joined a litigation boutique representing insurance companies and individuals in serious personal injury and other insurance related matters. Her busy civil litigation practice at Warren Sinclair LLP (since 1995) includes Serious Personal Injury, Employment Law and Civil Litigation.
Donna has successfully appeared at all levels of Court in the province and before various administrative tribunals. She is also trained in the Mediation of Civil Disputes. Her focus is to provide timely and cost effective solutions to the firm’s clients, including by alternative dispute resolution process.
Professional and Community Involvement
- 2018 ACTLA Gary J. Bigg Champion of Justice Award
- 2015 WILL Award Recipient (Alberta -Women in Law Leadership – Leadership in the Community)
- Law Society of Alberta (Member)
- Canadian Bar Association (Council)
- American Bar Association (Associate Member)
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (Director, Past President)
- Central Alberta Bar Society (Former Chair, Member)
- Legal Archives Society of Alberta (Director)
- Educator at seminars for various professionals including in the legal, insurance, and finance fields; as well as educator to youth and post-secondary students.
- Donna has held Chair positions with: Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic Foundation (Founding Director); Red Deer Downtown Business Association; Red Deer Visitor and Convention Bureau; Junior Achievement (Central Alberta Regional Advisory Committee); Strive Dance Academy (Founding Director); Canadian Parents for French; World of Choices; and, Futures Committee of Red Deer Child Care Society.
- In 2015 she participated in the Sheraton Celebrity Dance Off personally raising over $45,000.00 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Red Deer.
• Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2011.
• Juris Doctor, University of Calgary, 1988, various academic awards, including Louise McKinney Scholarship in Law and the University of Calgary Scholarship in Law.
• Psychology (First Class Standing and Honours), University of Calgary (1982-85), recipient of various academic awards.