Ian grew up in Central Alberta on a family owned hog and grain farm. After having completed his education, articles and a couple years of work as an associate lawyer in Edmonton, Ian moved back to Central Alberta in January, 2008. Ian joined Gerig Hamilton Neeland LLP as an associate lawyer at that time and later became a partner of the firm January, 2011. Ian joined Warren Sinclair LLP as a partner, when Gerig Hamilton Neeland LLP merged with Warren Sinclair LLP in 2017.
Ian enjoys golf, slo-pitch, volleyball and various other sporting activities, as well as camping, gardening and spending time with friends and his wife, daughter and son.
• Bachelor of Laws with Distinction, University of Alberta, 2005
• Bachelor of Science with Distinction (Agricultural Business Management), University of Alberta, 2001
• Law Society of Alberta
• Central Alberta Bar Society
Professional and Community Activities
• Director, Westerner Park (2010 – Present)
• Current Member, Westerner Park Governance & Nominating Committee (2013 – Present)
• Current Chair, Westerner Park Human Resources & Compensation Committee (2012 – Present)