Ian grew up in Central Alberta on a family owned hog and grain farm. After completing his education, articles and a couple years of work as an associate lawyer in Edmonton, Ian moved back to Central Alberta in January, 2008. Ian joined Gerig Hamilton Neeland LLP as an associate lawyer at that time and later became a partner of the firm in January, 2011. Ian joined Warren Sinclair LLP as a partner when Gerig Hamilton Neeland LLP merged with Warren Sinclair LLP in 2017.
Ian’s practice focuses primarily in commercial and residential real estate, corporate and commercial law, business purchases and sales, banking and finance and wills, estate planning and trusts.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past Director of Westerner Exposition Association (2009 – 2018)
- Current Director of Central Alberta Child Advocacy Centre Ltd. (2017 – present)
Areas of Practice
- Bachelor of Laws with Distinction, University of Alberta, 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Business Management with Distinction, University of Alberta, 2001