Jamie’s practice has a focus on conflict resolution and problem solving and it spans across several areas of law. He has appeared before both the Provincial Court and Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta as a litigator and has assisted clients in numerous mediations and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) meetings. He is general counsel for several Red Deer-based organizations, in addition to providing his services to individual and corporate clients.
Jamie completed his first two years at Red Deer College, before obtaining his Bachelor of Arts from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. While in Halifax, he also obtained an Advanced Diploma in Public Relations, prior to obtaining his law degree from the University of North Dakota School of Law. Jamie obtained his NCA accreditation in 2014 and was called to the bar in Alberta in 2016. He is deeply involved in a number of organizations throughout Central Alberta, sitting on several boards and frequently volunteering his time with groups that promote access to justice.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Director, Red Deer Symphony Orchestra
- Director, Central Alberta Bar Society (CABS)
- Director, Central Alberta Qudditch
- Volunteer, Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic
- Volunteer, Student’s Association of Red Deer College
- Juris Doctor, University of North Dakota School of Law, 2013
- Advanced Diploma Public Relations, Nova Scotia Community College, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Dalhousie University, 2008