Matthew was born and raised all over Alberta having spent his youth in a variety of smaller communities including Caroline, Lethbridge, Coronation, Red Deer, Athabasca, and Spruce Grove. Eventually, he ended up in Edmonton where he completed both a Masters in Business Administration and Law degrees in 2014. Soon after, Matthew commenced his articles in 2014, and was called to the bar in August 2015.
During his leisure time Matthew enjoys volunteering in a variety of community events. He recently participated in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes to raise awareness for domestic violence, and before that was “Thing Two” in the Red Deer Law Day production of Cat in the Hat. Matthew is also a serial entrepreneur having started or been on the executive team of agricultural custom manufacturing, hospitality, strategic consulting, financial services, and health supplement companies.
• Juris Doctor, University of Alberta, 2014
• Masters in Business Administration, University of Alberta, 2014
• Bachelor of Commerce, MacEwan University, 2010
• Law Society of Alberta
• Central Alberta Bar Society
Professional and Community Activities
• National Director, Hugh O’Brien Youth Leadership Workshop (Alberta)
• Member, Piper Creek Optimist Club
• Alumni, Delta Upsilon Fraternity