Bud was born and raised in Edmonton, Alberta and is the oldest of seven. After completing his law degree in 1990 Bud articled in Red Deer and he has remained in this city as a lawyer since that time.
During his leisure time Bud enjoys running (having participated in five marathons, two half-marathons and a number of triathlons and adventure races) and was a member of the 2010 relay team that won the Sinister 7 Adventure Race. Bud still continues to play oldtimer hockey and has in the past been actively involved in the local theatre scene, where he has been an actor or director of twelve dinner theatre and stage productions.
Professional and Community Activities
• Law Society of Alberta – Family Law Advisory Committee Member – 2011 to present
• Currently an instructor in the Legal Assistant Program, Red Deer College
• Former instructor for Business Law and Faculty of Extension, Red Deer College
• Lawyer Mentor for Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic (2008 to 2010)
• Recipient of the Prism Award for outstanding commitment to pro bono legal services in Central Alberta
• Former board member and volunteer with Central Alberta Theatre (1994-2000)
• Former board member and volunteer with the Red Deer Oldtimers Hockey Association (2004-2010)
• Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta, 1990
• Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta, 1985
• Law Society of Alberta
• Central Alberta Bar Society