Many of our clients seek our advice on issues related to family law, marriage, and divorce. While adults can represent themselves in many matters, people often find a lawyer’s assistance to be invaluable. Your lawyer may be able to help clarify issues, interpret the law, find amicable resolutions, and act as a buffer in high emotional and stressful situations. Your lawyer may also assist with preparing Court documents and applications, speaking on your behalf in the courtroom, and negotiating settlements with opposing parties and lawyers.
Warren Sinclair LLP proudly represents clients in family law matters. Our team has experience in matters including:
- Child support and maintenance applications
- Custody and access
- Practice Note 7 Interventions
- Mediation and Judicial Dispute Resolutions (JDR)
- Enforcement of parenting time
- Travel Consent letters
- Division of matrimonial property
- Spousal support and alimony
- Separation Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements
- Independent Legal Advice (ILA)
- Emergency Protection Orders, King’s Bench Protection Orders, and Restraining Orders
Our team has experience in both Alberta Provincial Court and the Court of King’s Bench.