Joe was born and raised in Red Deer, Alberta. After obtaining his Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Alberta, Joe completed a Master of Science at the University of Calgary before attending law school at the University of Ottawa.
Joe practices corporate/commercial and securities law. He acts for clients on a range of public and private company transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private financings, corporate reorganizations, and business purchases and sales. He also advises clients with respect to corporate governance practices, continuous disclosure requirements, stock exchange and securities regulatory compliance, and general corporate/commercial matters.
Joe acts for and advises clients across various industry groups, including the agri-business, energy, energy services, pharmaceutical, cannabis, technology, commercial real estate, and private equity sectors. Prior to joining Warren Sinclair, Joe practiced in Calgary, Alberta for both a boutique business and tax law firm and a full-service national law firm. Outside of work, Joe enjoys playing hockey, golfing and skiing, and makes an effort to travel as often as he can.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project, Provincial Court of Alberta
- Volunteer, The Mustard Seed
Areas of Practice
- Juris Doctor with Distinction, University of Ottawa, 2016
- Master of Science (Sustainable Energy Development), University of Calgary, 2013
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics and Law), University of Alberta, 2012