Michael assists clients with estate, construction and shareholder disputes. Michael has represented clients on Surface Rights, Employment Insurance, Employment Standards, Canada Pension Plan and Veterans Review & Appeal Board matters in front of administrative boards and in Federal Court on reviews. In terms of municipal administrative matters, Michael has sat as counsel to and appeared before Subdivision and Development Appeal Boards.
Michael utilizes all of the resources of the firm to successfully resolve litigation whether by way of settlement or trial.
- Law Society of Alberta
- Central Alberta Bar Society
- 1990 – 1997 – Board Member – Red Deer Youth and Volunteer Centre (Youth HQ)
- 1994 – 2000 – Bowden Institution Citizens Advisory Committee Member
- 1998 – 2001 – Board Member – Kerry Wood Nature Centre
- 2004 – 2016 – Board Member – Foundation for Red Deer Public Schools
- 2017 – Red Deer Public Schools “Friends of Education” award recipient
- University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Laws degree and a Bachelor of Arts degree (Political Science), 1989
- Saskatchewan Technical Institute with a diploma in Applied Sciences (Architectural Engineering Technology), 1984
- Various Legal Education Society of Alberta courses (Including Mediation of Civil Disputes I & II)